2015 SSTAR 40th Annual Meeting
Health Sexuality as a Human Right: Making Sex Therapy Available to Diverse Populations
Hyatt Regency Boston
March 26-28, 2015
Registration is now open for the 2015 Annual Meeting. CLICK HERE for the meeting brochure.
For online registration CLICK HERE.
Earn up to 23.25 CE/CME credits!
In the meantime, reserve your hotel room at the Hyatt Regency Boston!
CLICK HERE for Hotel Reservations. Please note that the SSTAR room block is SOLD OUT.
Or you can make reservations by calling Hyatt Reservations Department at (800)421-1442 or call Hyatt Regency Boston directly at 617-912-1234.
Late Breaking Abstracts are now being accepted for the 2015 Annual Meeting.
CLICK HERE for details on Abstract Submission. Submission deadline is Monday, February 23, 2015.
For more information you may contact Sallie Foley, MSW, Scientific Program Co-Chair 2014: email@example.com.
Here are some exciting highlights for this year’s meeting:
- In response to requests for more intensive clinical training, there are more preconference offerings, allowing participants to ‘pick three’ for a day of learning from masters in our field
- Thursday night poster presentations will include three categories for judged awards and participants will also receive ballots to vote on their own Voter’s Choice Award
- The conference sessions are a mix of longer presentations and briefer discussions of current topics. This addresses feedback from past attendees who wanted to balance in depth presentations with shorter updates in new theories, medicines, and current research
- Friday graduate students and post-doc fellows have a chance to meet with two sex therapists who combined academics and clinical work. They’ll discuss paths to career development.
- Saturday morning we offer a CE for the breakfast roundtable in which you can further your discussions with the conference presenters in an informal setting
- Sunday, our ethics workshop will address ethical decision making in the transference relationship
- Fun dinner outing to State Park in Cambridge, network and catch up with colleagues
SSTAR 2015 Fall Clinical Case Conference
Friday, October 16, 2015
New York, NY
SAVE THE DATE!
2016 SSTAR Health Professional Book Award
Nominations open, deadline February 15, 2015. For more information, click below on the criteria link under the SSTAR Health Professional Book Award heading.
CalCalSandra R. Leiblum Student Research Award | The SSTAR Sandra R. Leiblum Student Research Award recognizes the scholarly work of students who are developing a career in the field of sexual disorders and sexual health and fosters the professional development of individuals beginning their careers in this area.
2015 Recipient: Katy Bois
CalCalSSTAR Health Professional Book Award | The goal of the award is to recognize the best recent book for health professionals that contributes to the understanding and resolution of sexual disorders.
2014 Recipient: Levounis, P.; Drescher, J.; Barber, M.E.; (editors); The LGBT Casebook; American Psychiatric Publishing, Washington, DC; 2012.
SSTAR Consumer Book Award | The goal of the award is to recognize the best recent book for consumers that contributes to the understanding and resolution of sexual disorders.
2015 Recipient: Anne Katz, RN, PhD
Masters and Johnson Award | The Masters and Johnson Award recognizes the lifetime achievement of excellence in clinical and/or research areas of sexual disorders.
2014 Recipient: William L. Marshall, PhD
SSTAR Service Award | The SSTAR Service Award recognizes that some individuals have contributed greatly to the evolution and history of the organization, a fact that may not have been sufficiently appreciated at the time. Hence the notion of a Service Award which allows for enduring memory.